Monday 11 December 2017

Suchitra Pillai makes India proud by winning Milan Film Festival Award for The Valley


NewsPatrolling.com / Glamourtreat.com : Suchitra Pillai’s American Indie film ‘The Valley’ directed by Saila Kariat which was recently premiered at MAMI film festival 2017 has been a part of various international film festivals till date. The Film brings out an important message on depression. While the film has won different awards all over it has also won the Best Actress for Suchitra’s breathtaking performance early this year. Till date the Actress has Long Island film festival Award in her kitty and recently added the Milan Film Festival too. 

Excited with the second international award Suchitra says, “I am on cloud nine, I can’t express it in words. I am just waiting now to have the award in my hands.” “Films with such topics are to be handled with care and Saila as a director has nailed it”. 

Talking about the film and er role in he film Suchitra says, "The movie was a perfect showcase because the character is sensitive and the story line was fabulous.I think any actress would give her right arm for such a wonderful role. It was great working with the cast . Opposite me was  Alyy Khan .Even though Saila Kariat is a debutant director, she was very confident about the look of the movie. I am grateful she chose me to play Roopa. I hope everyone gets a chance to watch this movie, it's based on teenage depression and is something so prevalent across the world.”

Unfortunately Suchitra couldn’t make it to Milan Film Festival and so Saila Kariat, the director of the film has received it on her behalf. Saila says, “It’s only Suchitra who could do justice to the role she played and I am glad with the love and affection the film has been receiving internationally.”

No comments:

Post a Comment